Ascentro brings a strong mix of global investment experience and extensive mid-market experience. The business is led by Chris Giufre, Grant O’Neil and Michael Johns supported by a Trans-Tasman team of 5 investment professionals.
- Chris has more than 16 years experience of undertaking corporate M&A, direct investment and property transactions.
- Chris has extensive expertise in both public and private market transactions.
- He has successfully completed a number of private equity exits and IPO’s in both New Zealand and Australia.
- He has a proven track record of partnering with growth companies and entrepreneurial business owners.
- Grant has more than 18 years experience in private equity and principal investments, M&A advisory and acquisition finance across NZ and Europe.
- Successful private equity investment track record with Nikko Principal Investments and HSBC Principal Investments in the United Kingdom.
- NZ mid-market acquisition finance and advisory transactions with ASB Bank in New Zealand.
- Debt restructuring and recovery experience in New Zealand and Europe with PwC.
- Grant has a real passion for supporting ambitious business owners and management teams to achieve their strategic objectives.
- Michael has partnered with many founders and management teams across a broad range of industries in Australasia and North America to accelerate organic and acquired growth.
- He is a Chartered Financial Analyst Charterholder, holds a Certificate in Company Direction from the Institute of Directors and has Post Graduate qualifications from Stanford University, University of Virginia and The University of Auckland.
- Michael has over 16 years experience working in the Capital Markets and has extensive Corporate Finance, Banking and Direct Investment expertise.
- Most recently he led the Private Capital, Business Development and the New Zealand Regional Corporate businesses at ASB Bank.
- Michael enjoys competitive sport having represented New Zealand in golf and triathlon.
Our mission is to build and grow great companies